Two quick things…
First, THANK YOU for all the support and submission that have been given to this blog! I am so overwhelmed that this space is helpful to so many people and that we have created a wonderful place to celebrate all the things that Fat Girls* do!! <3<3
Secondly, I have a few things to address submission wise… In the past week or so I have received a few submissions that I haven’t felt comfortable posting. Two were anon hate and obvious trolling so I had no problem deleting those, but some other ones weren’t so clear….I have had some submissions where people were asking for emotional support for someone else. (EX: A guy asking for people to send positive messages to his girlfriend) I don’t personally have a problem with people doing this, because I think it’s coming from a really thoughtful place, however, I don’t think this blog is the appropriate place for these kinds of submissions to be posted. There are a couple reasons why I don’t feel it is appropriate:
1. I don’t know if this person is a “Fat Girl*”.
2. This person has not personally given permission to have her ask box filled with random messages.
3. Posting a request for people to send her messages could end up bringing mean anons and trolls into her ask box which no body needs.
4. And finally, this is a place to celebrate what Fat Girls are doing, which to me is a form of emotional support. I personally find it really helpful for my self esteem to see people who look like me living life to the fullest and doing things that I don’t normally get to see people like me doing. It is my hope that if a fellow Fat Girl* needed a confidence boost they could reach out to this community themselves and receive support personally from us. I am totally open to Fat Girls submitting or asking about needing more Fat Girl friends, or needing tips about self esteem, or any other questions, advice, or anything they might need!
I hope this makes sense, and I hope it clears things up a bit. Thanks again for being such a great, open, and awesome community of Fat Girls*!! I love all of you! And as always…Have a great day! <3<3
* The term “Fat Girls” is meant to be an inclusive term and includes all folks who identify as Fat Girls…not just the cis ones!